- Spend hours, if not days, decorating the house? Check!
|my sister's tree (mine looks like it was decorated by an 8-year-old... which it was)|
|(also her table setting)|
- Obsess about what to get for whom? Check!
- Brave the crowds to buy the last remaining Xmas p-j's in the correct size? Check!
- Kill a small forest to wrap said presents? Check!
- Obligatory Xmas family gathering? Check! (For bonus points, see the little Miss Em's face light up like a 1000-watts? Check!)
- Xmas morning with the hyper 8-year-old who's been counting days, hours, and minutes to said morning? Check!
- Give the nice gift(s) to husband to get back the usual "Sorry, I couldn't find anything for you"? Check!
- Keep Douggy away from the massive pile of torn Xmas wrapping? Check! (Get him not to take off the Santa shirt? Check... for a few minutes anyway)
- Make pancakes in the shape of a snowman, ornament, Xmas tree, and a blob remotely resembling an elf? Check!
- Find something like this in the Xmas stocking?