easter, bunny, and stuff
When Emily was little, she wanted a bunny for Easter. Not the Easter Bunny per se, she wasn’t old enough to understand the surreptitious basket/gift/egg/chocolate giving yet, she just wanted a fluffy bunny pet.
You know, a rabbit.
My husband, who is physically incapable of ever saying no to that girl, actually got his wallet and keys, and was halfway out the door, as soon as the last word of that sentence was uttered.
Till I stopped him dead on his tracks.
With a resounding "NO FREAKING WAY".
- I don’t want a rabbit in my house.
- The garage does counts too!
- I’m not gonna be stuck taking care of it.
- We have a child and a dog; let’s just concentrate on not killing them.
- We cannot get every animal she has a passing interest in… otherwise we would be running a full-fledged zoo (Thank God this happened before her interest in snakes, so she sorta was ready when
Iwe refused to buy several big-ass boas).
- But more importantly: I don’t want a rabbit in my house!
- End of discussion.
- Oh yeah? I'm afraid I'm gonna have to use my veto card!
Don’t give me that look: I’m a city girl, one dog is pretty much all I can handle.
Cut to years later, yesterday to be exact...
|"Sure baby, here you go!"|
|We should be reported to the SPCA for the things we dress that poor Chihuahua with!|
So, what kind of pets do you have? Umm, do you dress them up in "costumes"?