FF: obtuse people, patience (or lack thereof), secret lives, and IKEA napkins
How did the week fly by so fast? I'm always flabbergasted when Mondays and Fridays roll around... I'd like to think that it's a good sign, indicative of the fact that my life life is full and that I am not one desperate housewife (by the way, how anticlimactic was that finale? Shame, shame Mr. Cherry, you must do better with Devious Maids, y'hear?)
Where was I? Ah yes, Friday.. time for another fun blog hop! The Four Fill-in fun is hosted by Hilary, the cutie-pie behind Feeling Beachie. She posted a view of the beach from her house a few days ago, let's just say that I now understand why she is... well, "feeling beachie" all the time. Besides having a massive girl-crush on her, I now have a serious case of the envies on top (I may or may not have been scheming to extract an invite). She is always open to new co-hosts, so come up with your own fill-ins and email them to her at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have met some very cool bloggers during these hops so I love participating whenever I can. Of course, they have met me too, so there's that win-win, right there :)
The drill? You answer the questions on your own blog, you link up, you hop, you meet the new people and schmooze with the regulars. Of course, you also get to follow me, and I you, if you wish... Pick your poison: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Blogger, RSS feed or email, my other blog, The Behavioral Child (shameless plug, I know, I know, but I just got back into the swing of posting there again, so...)
As usual, you can play the fill-in game, with or without following, with or without hopping. No problemo!
This week's statements:
- I like to avoid _____ if possible.
- _____ is a virtue I do not have.
- Sometimes the _____ are the _____.
- I think that _____ are the best _____.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- I like to avoid obtuse people if (and whenever) possible. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind repeating myself, or saying it differently, several time, but if it's gonna take you forever to get a simple concept that a 5 year-old can get in under two minutes, we're not gonna be best buds, that's for sure. I just don't have that kinda patience!
- Patience is a virtue I do not have. Doh!
- Sometimes, the parents are the last to know. It won't matter whether you have a really tight relationship with your kid or not, once they start school, they have this whole life without you. Not good, not bad, just a whole other life, unbeknownst to you.
- I think that IKEA napkins are the best ones on the market. I'm talking about the disposable paper/dinner napkins. They have the cutest designs, are well priced (almost always on sale), and in surprising good quality (which reminds me, I gotta get me some for my Memorial Day BBQ).
Join us, won't you?